Monday, January 19, 2009

o i couldn't resist... :)

how nice being up-punjabi cocktail today... and i happily recommend this to all!

inspired by you bring out the up-walli in me inspired by you bring out the mexican in me -- sandra cisneros!

You bring out the Punjabi kudi in me
The chicken tandoori char in me
The raani satin and green salwar in me
The dupatta, churis and bindiya in me

You bring out the Punjabi fire in me
The deafening sound of laughter in me
The aloo paratha and dahi raita in me
The tusi bahut naughty ho ji in me

You bring out the Punjabi coy in me
The usne mere hand ko touch kar ditta in me
The giggle and snort and cough in me
The yellow turban long haired pattha in me

You bring out the Punjabi roots in me
The chandigarh winter fog in me
The mattha, not chaas, language in me
The sarson da saag makki di roti in me

You bring out the Punjabi voice in me
The jee aunty-ji, pintoo kaisa hai in me
The only-punjabi-poet-I-know Shiv Kumar Batalvi in me
The singh is king pride in me

You bring out the Punjabi songs in me
Tussi jaa rahe ho...? swaal in me
Tussi na jaa... jvaab in me
The kheti baadi and kisaan in me
The chalo chalein bhag chale in me
Chalo chalein?
Haan ji
Haan ji

4 comments:

  1. Being a UP-Delhi cocktail, I plead guilty to being wannabe-Punjabi and oh, this was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so nice!

    makes me wanna love punjabi kudis all over again :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. gasp, why did you ever stop?! punjabi girlies rock :)

    kahaan ho mr. clencher? tussi toh vanish hi ho gaye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hum to yahaan hi hai, vanish to tusssi hoye si !

    oh and i dint really stop, its just that MNS said love marathi and i am following the orders ;)

    ReplyDelete