Monday, March 16, 2009

my heart will be blessed with the sound of music, and i'll sing once more...!

i used to have a really boring desk


but i just found one of my favorite things to keep on it!



now when i'm working and get bored or frustrated, i can just look up and begin to hear "the happiest sound in all the world"! (it actually says that on the poster!)

i don't think i'll ever get over the sound of music, and the drape dresses, and how badly i wanted to be sixteen-going-on-seventeen, and that year i made malti make me pink lemonade every day because that's what the baroness drank! (god alone knows what she put in it to make it pink!) o thank you julie andrews for making me feel like the eighth von Trapp kid every time i slipped in the worn-out vhs, for giving me singing lessons, for making me fall in love with stiff captains when everyone else was into prince charming, for making me have confidence that spring will come again, and for teaching me the word "flibbertijibbet"!

and new poster, thank you for reminding me i STILL have not tasted crisp apple strudel. but whenever i do, i just KNOW it'll become one of my favorite things.

odelay odelay odelay hee hoo!

8 comments:

  1. :(
    i also want framing.
    please get done.
    let him take a month,it's ok.
    I also want framing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have become bonded child labourer here.but i get bought very pretty things.bonded labourer bought over by capitalism.i believe i'm not thinking further of the sprouting of my artistic capabilities in the face of gold lined puma sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll frame, i'll frame, stop commenting now.

    also, you are the poorest person i know who owns so many expensive things. idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowieee... after reading this post i'm just SOO overcome with thoughts of the past...
    Each song is a masterpiece-- including Edelweiss and Confidence...
    I have confidence in SUNSHINE
    I have confidence in RRRAAAIINN
    I have confidence that spring will come again! Besides which you see/... i have CONFIDENCE in meeeeeeee
    :D

    yay.. u made my day

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the unread mails in that inbox came from me!!

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sat and peered at it to check?! yags what a psycho stalker type you are hemant.

    (me using offense-is-the-best-defense tactic :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. He he.. those were big-assed high-resolution photographs!

    -H

    ReplyDelete